- The paper submitted for publication should contain original unpublished material in MS Word Document (.docx). It must be submitted by one of the authors only through ’Online Submission’ option of website www.jar.com.pk or www.jar.punjab.gov.pk. While submitting the manuscripts authors must furnish a certificate to the effect that:
- The manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication.
- All authors have agreed/approved the publication of this manuscript.
- The relevant institution has granted permission for publication, if required.
- The article is based on the research conducted under a research programme or a research project of concerned institution/university OR the article has been derived from M.Sc. / Ph.D. Thesis.
- After online submission of papers all correspondence will be made at email@example.com or ddriufsd@ gmail.com
- The paper shall be published in Journal on the entire responsibility of authors.
STRUCTURE / FORMAT OF ARTICLE
TITLE PAGE INFORMATION
AUTHORS NAMES AND AFFILIATIONS
DIVISION OF ARTICLE
Research paper should be classified into clearly defined sections i.e. Abstract, Keywords Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion (combined), Conclusion, Acknowledgement and References as given below:-
A concise and factual abstract is required including place of study/experiment, study year, objective and brief methodology. The abstract should state briefly principal results with data and major conclusions. An abstract is often presented separately from the article, so it must be and stand alone. References and unnecessary details should be avoided. Acronyms and abbreviations should not form part of the abstract. Too lengthy abstracts are not encouraged. If any abbreviation is essential it must be defined at its first mention in the abstract.
Immediately after the abstract, provide minimum six keywords, using American spelling and avoiding general and plural terms and multiple concepts (avoid, for example, 'and', 'of ‘). Be sparing with abbreviations: only abbreviations firmly established in the field may be used. These keywords are used for indexing purposes and should be beyond the main title and abstract.
Introduction should give immediate importance to research being reported. Verbose language and things remotely related to research study should be avoided. Latest literature must be reviewed in this section. While reviewing the findings of earlier research workers, name of worker(s) be given with year following JAR style. Objective of study must be given at the end of introduction section.
MATERIALS AND METHODS
This section includes place of study, year of study and detailed methodology. If an already described/published method is employed, reference to that method should be given. The statistical methods used for data analysis be carefully and essentially stated with reference.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
Results and Discussion are to be given under one heading instead separately. Clear and concise results need to be quoted with data values of different parameters studied. The results of study must be compared with findings of earlier scientists according to JAR style. Discussion should explore the significance of results. While discussing the results extensive citations and introductory sentences be avoided. The tables should be given brief title, Lettering a, b, c etc. or roman letter 1, 2, 3. should be employed to mark statistical significance instead of asterisk (*). At the base of tables, level of statistical significance and method applied should be clearly mentioned with reference. While reporting results only units related to metric system and symbols prescribed by International System of Units be employed.
The main conclusion of study may be presented in Conclusion Section comprising one or two paragraphs. However, in case of survey type studies, it may be extended including recommendations.
Collate acknowledgement in a separate section at the end of article may be given before References Section. In this section technical and financial help by any functionary/organization/institution may be acknowledged.
- Shahid (2017) states that....;
- Muneeb (2018 a,b) observed that....;
- Asad and Rizwan (2015) also conducted....;
- Similar findings have also been reported earlier (Aziz, 2018)
- Other research workers (Park and Im, 202; Songling et al., 2021; Sanna et al., 2021) also report similar findings.
- Similar findings have also been reported by different scientists (Li et al., 2021; Mipan et al., 2019, etc, etc.);
- Sun et al. (2019) and Alotaibi (2021) observed.....
IN REFERENCE LIST
CHAPTER IN A BOOK
CONFERENCE, SYMPOSIUM OR WORKSHOP PROCEEDINGS
Chen, J., G. Dercon, M. Heiling, J. Slaets, C. Resch, G. Weltin, L. Mayr, R. Gruber, M. Zaman, J. gyamfi and L. Heng. 2017. Integrated monitoring of carbon storage and loss through emerging isotope technology. Proc. of the global symposium on soil organic carbon. Rome, Italy. P. 49-53
Wenzl, P., E. Huttner, J. carling, L. Xia, H. Blois, V. Caig, K.H. Uszynska, D. Jaccoud, C. Hopper and G.A. Kilian. 2008. Diversity Arrays Technology (DArT): A generic high density genotypying platform. 7th International Safflower conference. Berlin, Germany.
DISSERTATION OR THESIS
Mehmood, A. 2017. Physical, biochemical and molecular profiling of guava (Psidium guajava L.) germplasm. Ph.D. Diss., Inst. Hort. Sci., Univ. Agric., Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Kamran, J.A. 2016. Effect of compaction on the growth of pigeon pea on day soils. Ph.D. Diss., Dept. Soil Sci., Univ. Queensland, St Lucia, Australia.
SOFTWARE AND WEBSITES
National Agricultural Statistics Service. 2011. Crops county data. Available online with updates at http://usda. mannIib.comeII. edu/data-sets/crops/9X100.
ORGANIZATION / GOVT. DEPARTMENT DOCUMENTS
Anon. 2020. Pakistan Economic Survey 2019-20. Finance and Economic Affairs Division, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan. Or
GoP. 2020. Agricultural Statistics Year Book 2019-20. Ministiy of National Food, Security and Research, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Authors should critically read all references and ensure that these are complete containing title of article, periodical name with its volume, issue and pages. They should also ensure that all references quoted in text of paper are properly enlisted in References Section and vice versa.
Good quality black and white or coloured illustrations may be included. Photographs, graphs and drawings should be numbered / captioned properly.
Editor, Journal of Agricultural Research/Director Agricultural Information, Punjab
21-Sir Agha Khan-III Road, Lahore-Pakistan. Ph: + 92-42- 99200731
Associate Editor / Deputy Director (Research Information), Research Information Unit,
AARI Campus, Faisalabad, Pakistan. Ph: +92-41-9201653